5) Back ache
Pinda sweda is one of the dominant upkarma & a subtype of swedana therapy commonly used for relief of pain & gaining strength to the tissues.
Pinda sweda can be categorised depending on the material used for making the bolus. These are as follows:
1) Valuka sweda:- where sand is used
2) Shashtik Shali Pinda sweda(Navara kiszhi):- Navara rice cooked in medicated milk is used
3) Patrapinda sweda:- Leaves of medicinal plants are used
4) Churna Pinda sweda:- where combination of medicinal herbs is used.
The selected material is kept at the center of 1 X 1 ft cloth & a pinda is skillfully tied to make it easy for holding. This is either dipped in hot liquid or is heated with the oil on a girdle. Then applied on the requisite site with careful movement.
Before procedure: There are no special restrictions for Pinda sweda. We expect that patient should not be on empty stomach for longer time prior to pinda sweda
After procedure: There are no specific dietary restrictions after Pinda sweda. Follow the instructions of the physician
1) Lightness of the body
2) Reduction of the pain & the stiffness
3) Better mobility of the Joint
4) Regression of the disease.
5) Gain in tissue mass & activities of the organ
Pinda sweda is very effective therapy & should not be taken casually. If done in improper untrained hands which is otherwise absolutely safe therapy; can cause burning & scalding. Proper preparation & post procedural care is a must & no shortcuts should ever be tried.